Youth Pitch is back for 2018! This year we’re doing things a little different. As part of National Youth Week 2018 we’re running a cool event to celebrate what it means to be a young person and why you’re an important part of our community.
On Monday April 16 (school holidays!) Skateboarding WA will be putting on the Youth Week Skate Jam at Melville skate park but we want to make it even better and we need your help to do it!
If you’ve got an idea for something to add on to the event - a DJ (it could be you), an art activity, a silent disco…anything, then we want you to pitch it to us and if you’re successful we’ll give you $1000 to make it happen. All you need to do is complete the online submission form on this page between Monday, 19 February and 12 noon, Monday 12 March 2018. Once we’ve got your idea we’ll get a panel including other young people to select the best pitches and then you can go for it.
Here’s a few things you need to know:
- To be involved in Youth Pitch 2018 you need to be 12-25 years old.
- You have $1000 so anything you want to do has to fit within this budget unless you fundraise for more.
- You own this! It’s your idea so you’ll be organising it, whether it’s one person or a group it’s up to you to make it happen.
- Keep it real! Your idea needs to do-able so have a think about if you have enough money for what you want to do, how will you do it, will you need help, and can you get it all organised in time for the Youth Week Skate Jam event?
- It’s gotta be fun! Don’t take on anything too big that will stress you out. Keep it simple.
Youth Week Skate Jam
You don’t have to pitch an idea. If you just want to come along and hang out that’s cool too. You can skate in the event or just catch up with your friends, listen to some tunes and have some food. Here’s all the info:
What: Youth Week Skate Jam – a skate session with mini-comp where you can win some awesome prizes.
When: Monday April 16, 2018 3-6pm.
Where: Melville skate park – cnr of Stock Rd and Canning Hwy (behind AH Bracks Library)
Bookings: if you want to skate you need to book in with Skateboarding WA on their website http://skateboardingwa.com.au/
Pitch Your Idea
Remember your project idea needs to add on to the Youth Week Skate Jam event on Monday, 16 April 2018 so keep these things in mind:
- Location – the event is happening at Melville skate park so think about how your project will fit
- Budget – you have a maximum of $1000 for everything unless you fundraise for more
- Time – everything has to be ready to go for Monday, 16 April 2018
- Support – can you do this on your own or do you need help to make sure it can happen?
You can start submitting your ideas from Monday, 19 February 2018.