Mobile participation gives everyone a voice.
It's a dynamic, interactive and fun tool which allows everyone present the opportunity to speak for themselves and be heard.
Why do we use mobile participation?
More conventional workshop methods have a number of disadvantages:
- Confident and articulate people will control discussions.
- People who are uncomfortable with speaking in a public setting will not contribute.
- Records of the event are likely to be incomplete or inaccurate, particularly in circumstances where volunteer scribes are used.
- If audio recordings are used, the costs of set up and transcription are likely to be prohibitive.
- Outcomes from workshops are unlikely to be available for several weeks, rather than immediately following an event.
How does it work?
Currently we use Poll Everywhere which allows attendees to use mobile phones and tablets to get to know each other through a series of icebreaker questions.
This is followed by a presentation where attendees will be asked a series of questions including multiple choice, open response, live word clouds, clickable images, up- and down-voting for Q&A, and rank order.
The best part about mobile participation is that all the responses are displayed live allowing for conversations to develop and evolve.