Harmony Week is an opportunity for all Western Australians to celebrate our vibrant multicultural State. The week runs from 15–21 March every year and encourages everyone to experience, explore and appreciate WA's wealth of cultural, religious, linguistic and ethnic diversity.
In partnership with the Bull Creek Leeming Scout Group, the City of Melville is celebrating Harmony Week with a multicultural event at Bob Gordon Reserve, featuring a fleet of food trucks cooking up culinary delights from around the globe, multicultural performances from our community groups and to top it off, we will be screening family-friendly movie, Moana!
Harmony Week 2018
Friday 16 March 05:30 PM – 08:45 PM
Bob Gordon Reserve, Benningfield Road, Bull Creek
Food Trucks open for service – featuring delicious Japanese, Jamaican and Indian cuisine!
Mayor officially opens event
Oberthur Primary School Chinese Language Dance Group
Tarana School of Kathak, Ambika Dance Group and Abhinaya School of Kuchipudi - India
Perth Sinhala School- Sri Lankan Children’s Dance
Tida Dance - Japan
Movie Screening - Moana
Movie ends and event closes
Please note that this event is free of charge and bookings/RSVPs are no longer required. Apologies for any confusion caused when RSVP's were initially noted as required on flyers and posters for the event.
Win a $150 Stockland Bull Creek Shopping voucher!
The City is also running a photo competition to celebrate the cultural diversity of Melville. Share a photo of your multicultural heritage, diversity or community and tag #multiculturalmelville on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter for your chance to win a Stockland voucher to the value of $150!
#MulticulturalMelville : Terms and Conditions
- #multiculturalmelville is a celebration of multicultural Melville. It should reflect community and cultural diversity and can draw upon personal culture - your heritage, identity and difference, and friendship across cultures.
- Provide a caption (up to 50 words) to go with your #multiculturalmelville photo. With the diversity of our community that embraces all nationalities and cultures from first Australians to new arrivals, we hope your photo and caption contribution will spark interaction and understanding about aspects of multicultural Melville
- Use both the #multiculturalmelville and #WAHarmony hashtags and don’t forget to set your account to ‘Public’ so we can see and share your photo submissions. If your posts are set to "private' or 'Friends Only' we won't be able to see them and include your photos in the competition.
- The competition is free and open to anyone living or working in the City of Melville.
- The competition will run from Friday, 9 February to 5.00pm Friday, 9 March 2018.
- The winner will be randomly selected. The winner will be notified after Friday, 9 March 2018 by the City of Melville regarding the collection of the prize.
- The winner is encouraged to attend the Harmony Week Multicultural Melville event on Friday, 16 March 2018 to be awarded the prize (however, if the winner is unavailable, the prize can be posted or collected from the City of Melville Civic Centre).
- If the winner does not contact the City of Melville within two days of the City of Melville initiating contact, then another winner will be chosen. This condition also applies to all subsequent winners.
- The prize is non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash.
There are currently no Instagram images in this feed.
Share this page!