Have you ever felt alone and isolated? Do you know an older person, a neighbour, friend, relative or customer who may have become disconnected from the community?
The UK has recognised the impact that loneliness has on individuals, the broader community and the nation, and has an appointed a Minister for Loneliness.
Closer to home here in the City of Melville, we also recognise how important staying connected is for our older residents and have partnered with key groups to establish Hand to Heart to connect older people with others.
Hand to Heart is a program where volunteers meet older people in their homes and over a cuppa, chat about what they used to love or what might be stopping them getting out and about, together they work out ways to reconnect or how to access services.
Thanks to Hoyts Cinemas, Garden City Booragoon, we have 30 invites for you and a special guest to an exclusive Valentine's Day screening of Finding Your Feet to giveaway, to encourage people to get involved with Hand to Heart, and for you to take a special older loved one, or an older person in your community who you identify as being at risk of social isolation on a Valentines Day movie!
Finding Your Feet
Wednesday, 14 February 2018
6:30 Film Starts
HOYTS Garden City, Garden City Shopping Centre
Almondbury Road, Booragoon.
All you need to do to get an invite is be the first 30 people to:
- Sign up on MelvilleTalks and tell us, in the forum below, about an experience you've had being isolated and how someone has supported you to reconnect, or how you've helped someone reconnect;
- Connect an older person to Hand to Heart. Find out more on how to make a referral at https://melvilletalks.com.au/agefriendly-topic/han...
Finding Your Feet Movie Trailer
- The competition is free and open to City of Melville residents age XXX / older adults
- The giveaway will run from Tuesday, 30 January to 5.00pm Monday, 12 February 2017.
- A double pass to the movie Finding Your Feet will be screened on Wednesday, 14 February 2018 at Hoyts Garden City, Booragoon (time 6:00pm arrival for 6:30pm movie start), will be given to the first 30 residents who either :
- makes a referral to the Hand to Heart program via Connect Groups, or
- registers on MelvilleTalks and participates in the online engagement forum on this page
- The first 30 entrants to the giveaway will be emailed their movie passes to the email address provided at registration on MelvilleTalks
- The tickets are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash.
Tell someone about this