Draft Stakeholder Engagement Strategy August 2018
If you have difficulty opening the link, please click here to open as a PDF.
Thank you to all who attended the first CSRG meeting and assisted us in answering Goal 1 of the proposed Stakeholder Engagement Strategy - how can the community complement the decision making role of the Council.
While we are currently working on the actions based on your feedback on Goal 1 for inclusion in the draft interactive Stakeholder Engagement Strategy, you can view the notes from our first meeting here and continue the discussion in the forum below.
Thank you to all who attended the second CSRG meeting and assisted us in answering Goal 2 and 3 of the proposed Stakeholder Engagement Strategy.
You can view the notes from our second meeting here and continue the discussion in the forum below. The Draft interactive Stakeholder Engagement Strategy will soon be updated to reflect the updates on the actions to meet the three goals.
Please take a moment to fill in the survey below which will help us identify:
- Level of support for each of the three actions from all CSRG members; and
- Any additional thoughts or ideas on how we can make the actions happen.
The survey findings will be published here after the closing date of Friday 6 April 2018.
Depending upon the outcome, we may schedule an additional meeting for the CSRG.
Your Feedback from the Survey
About the Engagement
To engage with citizens, elected members and staff in identifying actions to achieve the overarching goals of the new Stakeholder Engagement Strategy in ways that are fair, transparent and can be linked to final outcome/s of engagement.
We are developing a Stakeholder Engagement Strategy with a Combined Stakeholder Reference Group (CSRG) which would see Elected Members, staff of the City and residents working together to identify actions that would contribute to each of the goals of the Strategy:
- To increase levels of public participation in local governance in ways that complement the decision-making role of the Council;
- To increase community understanding of the processes of local governance including the roles and responsibilities of citizens, the Executive and Council; and
- To increase elected member involvement in and promotion of stakeholder engagement processes for the purpose of good governance.
The process will involve two workshops attended by members of the CSRG to be held on Monday, 19 March 2018 and Monday, 26 March 2018 from 5.30 to 7.30 pm. Attendance by invitation only.
The Combined Stakeholder Reference Group will be made up of approximately 50 people representing both internal and external stakeholders, including
- Elected Members, including the Mayor
- Staff Members; and
- 24 Residents from each of the 6 wards of Council
Residents will be recruited by random sampling using the ratepayer information database with an invitation to submit an Expression of Interest in participating.
With a view to representativeness, residents who have completed an Expression of Interest form will be selected based on a number of criteria.
- Residence in one of the six wards (determined by suburb)
- Age ranges:
- 20 – 29
- 30 – 39
- 40 – 49
- 50 – 59
- 60 – 69
- 70 – 79
- Preparedness to commit to attending all meetings of the group; and
- Preparedness to register on MelvilleTalks and participate in community discussions for the duration of the stakeholder engagement process.
- Agree to the CSRG Terms of Reference
The term of the CSRG will be approximately 1 month and involve attendance at 2 two-hour meetings.
Members of the CSRG will be required to attend 2 two-hour workshops on:
- Monday, 19 March 2018
- Monday, 26 March 2018
Time: 5.30pm – 7.30 pm
Place: City of Melville Civic Centre, 10 Almondbury Road, BOORAGOON
Presiding/Facilitator: Stakeholder Engagement Coordinator
Notes from meetings to be provided within 5 working days to group members.
Light supper provided
Additional meetings may be scheduled by agreement with CSRG members,
Members of the CSRG are required to:
- To work collaboratively with the other stakeholders to complete identified tasks at two workshops;
- To dress casually/informally for the occasion;
- To fill in a questionnaire which will be emailed to selected CSRG Members prior to the first workshop.